SailNet Community - View Single Post - Advice on South Brittany one-week itineraries wanted
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008
Arf!

pegasus1457 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by u1yss View Post
Thank you for the reply.

I've got some tidal experience this February and April in Solent. Guess, this will help.

Did you anchor at Ille de Houat? If I got it right the only harbour there to moor is Saint Gildas which seems too shallow for our 2.4m draught.
I do want to plan two nights stay at Belle Ille - but probably we won't make it there on the first day. Our check-in time is 1400 at La Trinite, 16 Nm to Le Palais, and with opening time 1h30 before HT to 1h after HT we could really miss the gate - if HT on Sept 29 is to early. Today Sept 4 it's at 1647 and 1900. So, considering HT is about 50 min later every day on Sep 29 it'll be around 0300 and 1500 - got no almanac to check it now. What would you suggest for the first day passage in that case?
At I. de Houat we tied up to a corps mort (huge concrete anchor in most of these ports) - expect to raft up with others. I can't remember our draft but it was a Sunfast 37, so probably 1.7m.

You might just go for a sail in the ocean and then enter the Golfe de Morbihan for your first night -- it is right next to Trinité. We grabbed a buoy for the night somewhere close to Vannes.

Another possibility -- it is about 35nm from Trinité to l'Orient. From Google Earth it looks like there are multiple marina possibilities. I don't think a river entrance like this will have a threshold at the mouth but I am not sure since I don't have a guide to ports handy.

If you have part of a day on Belle Ile, visit the lighthouse - the view is spectacular.