SailNet Community - View Single Post - Todays new boat copmarable to C&C Landfall 38 or CS36?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
IF C&C currently was not having issues, I think one would still find there current crop of boats to be on par with the old landfall 38, ie the 115, and 110 in particular. The Tartan 3700 could fall into the same catagory. The brands mentioned by k1vsk, many were being produced at the same time as the landfall and CS yachts, but, being as they are twice the price, of course they would be considered better boats per say. One could put Morris in teh same arena too.

Others, that to me would fit current equal dollars spent per say, J-Boats may fill a void, The 37 at least in the Puget sound area is sought after. i could see the 109 or 120'ish sized boats doing something similar.

Some others that might fall into this catagory, would be the Bendy toy first 36.7 or 40.7's. The Jeanneau SO 37 has a current reasonably high following, as that brands most ever produce boat.

The problem with this kind of question, is one has to attempt to look into the future, and hope you guess right. Not that any of the boats I mentioned could or would work, but the beneateau and Jeanneau boats I could see before the current C&C and Tartans, but I could be wrong there too.

marty

Last edited by blt2ski; 09-05-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook