SailNet Community - View Single Post - Todays new boat copmarable to C&C Landfall 38 or CS36?
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 09-05-2008
Maine Sail
It's hard to know what you mean when you say "looked back on". I'll try answer it from a purely fit and finish and construction level.

Morris, Hinckley, Lyman Morse, Hood/Little Harbor, Halberg Rassy, Shannon & Alden are in their own league and it's a league well beyond a Tartan, C&C, CS or Sabre ever will be.

My CS 36 is, and was, a very well built boat but I can assure you she's no Morris or Hinckley level boat. One can always be delusional, and argue that a CS or C&C is equally built to a Morris or Hinckley, but I'd ask for a hit of what that person was smoking cause it must be good stuff.

I'd say of today's crop of boats Sabre, J Boats and Tartan/C&C would be the closest to the older CS and C&C boats. I'd put Pasport somewhere in between the Morris/Hinckley level and the Sabre /Tartan/ J Boat level..

-Maine Sail / CS-36T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 09-05-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome