SailNet Community - View Single Post - Todays new boat copmarable to C&C Landfall 38 or CS36?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
It's hard to know what you mean when you say "looked back on". I'll try answer it from a purely fit and finish and construction level.

Morris, Hinckley, Lyman Morse, Hood/Little Harbor, Halberg Rassy, Shannon & Alden are in their own league and it's a league well beyond a Tartan, C&C, CS or Sabre ever will be.

My CS 36 is, and was, a very well built boat but I can assure you she's no Morris or Hinckley level boat. One can always be delusional, and argue that a CS or C&C is equally built to a Morris or Hinckley, but I'd ask for a hit of what that person was smoking cause it must be good stuff.

I'd say of today's crop of boats Sabre, J Boats and Tartan/C&C would be the closest to the older CS and C&C boats. I'd put Pasport somewhere in between the Morris/Hinckley level and the Sabre /Tartan/ J Boat level..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 09-05-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook