SailNet Community - View Single Post - Younger 27-33' cruiser for family of 4 + dog options?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
For the jeanneau's, if you go back to the mid 80's look for the Atallia, 32', Arcadia -30' I have one of these, or the sunshine, 36'. The arcadia and sunshine are Tony Castro designs, fairly fast for there time period. Later models after 86, you will start seeing the "SUN" in front of the model, ie Sun Shine, Sun Dream, legende then on to the more recent odysees and fast versions. The sunfast versions is the same hull interior etc, but has a deeper keel, taller mast, some versions lead instead of steel keels, larger and usually one to two more winches etc. They were the race cruise version, where as the odysees was a crusie to cuise race version.

My boat was owned by a couple for 20 yrs, spent upwards of two months going from south puget sound, up to desolation sound in canada thru the san juans. Most of the smaller models like mine, have a deep, shoal fixed keel, and a CB version.

I have two cabins, whether some say I have two full cabins, I suppose depends upon you view of what 2 cabins are.

On Yachtworld, RCR yachts has a Sun Fast 32 for 90K. TO me, that would be the cats meow in your shows. But I am prejediced in my view.

Good luck
marty