SailNet Community - View Single Post - cruiser, live aboard, bluewater?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003

tybeefolk is on a distinguished road
cruiser, live aboard, bluewater?

i am relatively new to sailing but an old salt by nature. i was born on the coast, raised there, and still summer there each year. my wife and i still maintain a coastal home and intend one day to retire there. that said we are looking to cruise and live aboard for an extended period of time before retiring to the garden.
we''re not sure how long we might cruise, but expect it to be longer than shorter; we''re 40-50 and in good shape with good educations and would like to be able to venture to wherever we may want to go safely and COMFORTABLY.
understanding that the revelance associated with comfort is personal we would like help in trying to decide those items you feel most necessary for comfortable cruising. setting aside the basic fundamental safety equiptment which our boat will definitely have; what makes a boat comfortable to live aboard while cruising?
as said the cruising will be wherever we may want or feel safe traveling too, coastal, probably east coast and hopefully the loop will include the lakes and beyond. i guess not really having any schedules to keep or directions to go ( for the first time in our lives) we have so many choices we want to get this right.
oh,"the one who is in charge", wants to know what do you think about stern-vs-center cockpit boats?
thanks to all and happy holidays!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook