SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marinco Power Cables
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Marinco Power Cables

I would be interested in knowing how many of you have had corrosion/over-heating of your Marinco Power Cables?

Last year I had one of my power cables burn up. I thought it was a fluke. THen, on a completely different circut into the boat, the other did the same thing. I pulled and replaced both receptacles and cords.

A few months ago, my fathers burnt up at the plug.

Recently, I learned of another C400 with exactly the same problem... on both plugs.

Has anyone else had this problem with new or relatively new (last 5 years) power cords?

Thanks.

- CD

PS It is possible that this is just coincidence, but in none of the cases did it trip any breakers - whether dock, main (on boat), or at panel. That is the part that bothers me.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook