SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunters hard to sell
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003

JHodor is on a distinguished road
Hunters hard to sell

Hang in there. I bought my Hunter 32 in 1998 for 36K. I then sold it in 2001 or 02 for 41K. I added Air cond. and that was about it. Kept her well did the teak better, etc. I say hang in there because it''s took over a year to sell. I was listing at 49K and got an offer at 38K and ended at 41K. Not bad huh, it was a 1991. It was a nice boat and the buyer still got a great deal for it''s condition. BUC value was around high 40''s at the time. I think the reason I got a deal in 98 was that it was in a low exposure area and I don''t think many looked at it when it was for sale. When I re-sold years later I was in a very high traffic area. If you are serious about selling and can do this, try taking to some sailing mecca where people will see it more and also take most of your stuff off the boat. Peoples imagination can''t look past it sometimes. what are you thinking of getting, becuase many dealers would take her on trade if you are buying a large enough boat. You could possible get 18K for her of true trade in power.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook