SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1981 C&C 32
Thread: 1981 C&C 32
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008

sailin50 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Owned a 32 C&C 8yrs

and its a fine sailing vessel. Can't really compare speed because I've never sailed anything similar. The other 32 was a Island Packet and that was definitely slow. The C&C is very good in heavy weather, I have sailed 3 times in heavy weather from Chicago to south Haven twice single handed and the boat couldn't have been easier to handle, very solid. I've had zero equipment breakage. It's pretty much in the same condition as when it first set sail in 81 there is virtually no wear in the interior, all original cloth. I'ts hull speed is 7.2 and I have at time surpassed that surfing down a wave or two. It will beat to wind very well especially if it's an off shore breeze. I have seen them for sale for more than I paid 8yrs ago and rightfully so they are well built boats, I'd still pay what I paid 8yrs ago and be happy about it. They say boats nickle and dime you and I say, I can handle the nickle and dimes. The boat is worth every penny I paid. I go to the sail show every year in chicago and have not been even tempted, I'm sure the new C&C's sail better, faster but how much faster.
If anyone has a comp boat I'd like to know how fast they sail. Thanks and keep sailing. O
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook