SailNet Community - View Single Post - Son of a sailor
Thread: Son of a sailor
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008

chasely is on a distinguished road
Son of a sailor

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, but have some decent experience sailing/cruising. My dad has been a sailor most of his life, doing some decent sized singlehanded's as well as being an editor for Practical Sailor and Cruising World. I would like to think he's passed some of his passion to me.

We sailed the Great Lakes (mainly the North Channel) when I was a kid. Although I didn't appreciate it at the time, I really want to get back to sailing. I'm still in college, and am able to cruise in my parents in the summer, but I really have a want to be on my own when on the water.

This has led me to start looking for a small (~25') cruisable boat. I've looked at the Pearson 26 and O'Day 25, but have really started scratching the surface.

A little about myself, I am a 21 year old engineering student. I just changed my major this past year, so I'm basically a freshman. I may be looking at transferring after a couple of years to go into marine/ocean engineering.

In addition to sailing, I play guitar, pretty much any sport I can get my hands on, and enjoy cooking.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum. Hopefully after a while I'll be able to contribute to other people's learning
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook