SailNet Community - View Single Post - To bimini or not to bimini that is the question
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Being a Center Cockpit my Bimini design and application is somewhat different then most... I have refrained from posting here as I have no real experiance with ours yet but am going to share what I have anyway.

On one hand it looks kind of funny on another it is very practical for the rainy PNW.

I like its hight as I do not have to stoop at the helm but it does affect visibility aloft even with the clear pannel overhead...So I see it as a trade off..if I were a racer Id definitely remove it but Im not so I definitely will retain it..Mine is so taunt that its like a drum head skin and its designed to be permanent not foldabel..I doubt it will budge in a 60 kt blow just by going by my trailerable fishing boat experiance towing boats down the highway...and It does not interfere with the winches in any way.
I plan on having removable clear curtains made for it all way around..with the front curtians extra heavy duty serving as a dodger to extend use of our boat to darn near year around...I need that as few weeks in winter is about the only time I get off.

Every thing on a boat is to some extent a compromise..this is just another individual choice that will not conform to every ones desires or likings...Make your boat into what you want it to do and be not anyone else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_00141.JPG (54.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Stillraining; 09-15-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook