SailNet Community - View Single Post - I am now in the B racing team
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Today, as me and Fred were on the MSN messenger talking about his post (he only posts when I am around, just in case), and Luis was banging on Fred's head, I really was able to see how lucky I am..I am living it all again...with the added benefit of not allowing my son to do the mistakes I did.

Anyway, as we were talking and Fred was telling what he wanted to post, he told me that now, it's al business.

First they get to be the firsts to wash their boats, so seniority is starting to kick in, then, they now have to wash the boats with special soaps not to dmage the hull coating, the sails are no longer just rolled. Now they are washed, dried, rolled and then into a bag.
So does the centerboard and the rudder..they are now in a "don't touch my boat mode"..
he asked if I could give him some dyneema for a new set of sheets..he is using the ones an older Opti guy gave him...they have a lot of races..so he wants them..they hardly have thread in them..ehehehe

But it's funny how the atittude now changed..it's no longer a hobby or way to do exercise and meet kids and have fun..

Now it's almosta serious business..still room for fun, he told me, but only when the ffet are dry...

Before it was a parody to see them play around...as they sailed and washed the boats..sometimes I had to wait 2 hours for him to get the boat washed and stored with all the fooling around..

He's all business now...and better...he now gives the newbies a hard time..just like he got 4 years ago...my God..4 years at that club..

Time flies, and soon enough it's the kid from Hell's turn and all starts again..I just hope we are all here to welcome the kid from hell..that one...he has something..it's there..in his eyes...I know it...he has something
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook