SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cabin Heat
Thread: Cabin Heat
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
And good input it is..

I am warming up to the possible inevitability of a flue penetration through the deck but it will take some more wrestling in my mind though..Im not usually one to put ascetics above functionality but sill she has such a nice looking deck ...Alas if we must we must..I would really want to steer clear of anything but a straight vertical run if at all possible in the cabin though..just for ascetic's...ok I lied a little..

I like this set up as its tucked away from inadvertent stumbling into hot iron and it actually has potential in Eagle Knights existing layout with some cabinetry modifications.

All this more then likely depends on appropriate locations for a penetration in the deck that would not interfere with sail or line movement above deck or present a constant tripping hazard in a high traffic lane..Most likely I will have to sail her a while to figure thoes out.

These units seem to have the ability to heat your hot water tank as well which would be a plus.

Which would be better the Diesel or Propane?

Still...the smell of a little wood smoke wafting thru the cabin congers up the romantic in me so keep the ideas comming..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stove-3.jpg (38.5 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by Stillraining; 09-25-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook