Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Yep, it was/is in pretty rough shape. The whole seam between the hull and topside (except the transom) was broken and had been siliconed back together. Lots of fun cleaning that out. I built a lift and pulled the top off and am in the process of fixing some bad repairs and damage on the edges.
Basically I bought a hull, a mast, and a trailer for $300.
I have a few pics here, on photobucket, but I can't link to them. You can go there and search for tschmidty69.
You can see where I started to prop up the front after separating it. It actually was held together by the silicon caulk but with a ton of gaps of course. I decided after poking at it that it needed to just come apart to do the job right. It really shouldn't be too long until I get it going though, but we'll see. If not I have a trailer for my next boat!