SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cabin Heat
Thread: Cabin Heat
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Omatako's solution looks good too, but I'm not sure where you would store that when not in use and I'm not sure whether it's vented to the outside or not, because air circulation is critical.

Quote:
Still,

We discussed heaters generically in a couple of threads last year. Search "cabin heaters" and you should find a couple threads that cover the pros and cons of the various types. Good info there.
I should have did that John...sorry..

I actually found one Sailnet thread after the fact while doing a google search late last night...but as long as were into it now lets keep going..if its OK with everyone.?

So it seems so far that everyone with a Dickerson has gone propane ...I was actually leaning to the diesel for two reasons... 1st) larger BTU output and... 2nd) the gas issue ( lets not go there..as Im ok with it it already in the boat anyway )

Iv thought about Johns forced air hes installing running on diesel thats another option to check out Im pretty sure im going to need 15000 BTUs to really make a dent though.

I still cant quite give up on wood though..We heat our home almost entirely by wood and yes its a little messy in two ways fly ash when say opining the door or cleaning out the firebox and just from the handeling and storing of the wood...Seems like the consensus is its more visual then practical heat out put wise but I was considering maybe something larger then suggested..something like this..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bluecod_stainedglassdoor.jpg (45.0 KB, 208 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook