SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cabin Heat
Thread: Cabin Heat
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Still, no worries on the old threads. I wasn't criticizing, just trying to be helpful in making you aware that there's a lot of good info on the topic here at SailNet.

I like those mini-woodstoves like the Halibut, Sardine, etc form Navigator ( Traditional Cast Iron Marine Stoves by Navigator Stove Works,Inc. ). My wife wants me to install one in our kitchen!

Here's the thing: I know several people with solid fuel and diesel heaters. They all complain about the residue left on deck. You can reduce it by getting a flue extension, but those can't usually be used underway. Also, I think it would be pretty messy to haul and store wood on the boat. Cleaner pellets can be used, but again, it's yet one more fuel to load aboard.

The propane is clean and easy, if that's what you've got for your galley already. The visible flame is REALLY nice too. Just my opinion, others may vary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook