SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCobra View Post
I take it this boat is new to you? Does it have jiffy reefing, where ya pull and cleat one line? I'd set the reef as I raised the Main, maybe put two in to start. you can always let a reef out later if it's too much. What size is your Genny/Jib? If it's anything over a 120, ya probably don't wanna fly it in anything over 25 knots or you'll be overpowered and possibly shred the sail. I flew my 150 in winds up to 40 knots before it finally weakened enough to shred in 25 knots one night. What rig do ya have on the boat and what Headsails?

Ooops. Charlie, sorry about that, but I was just kidding around with SmackDaddy. I should have added some smilies or something so no one would think I was serious. I appreciate you taking the time to offer help, and I apologize for the misunderstanding. I'll go back and add some smilies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook