SailNet Community - View Single Post - What to do next on my project boat?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008
Montgomery 17

Perithead is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The rub rail is on but not very good. I think I may just get a new one and glue it on or however it attaches.

I will check the life line stantions for flexing and see if I can stiffen the bases up a bit. Replating them may be the best idea, any idea of the cost for 4 bases getting replated?

I do plan on rewiring the whole boat but I was thinking about waiting to do that since I could drill holes and run the wires through whatever plywood "furniture" I add. Or is there somehting I am not thinking about?

SD- Should I go ahead and remove the deck hardware even though it may a month or so before I get around to painting the topsides? One thing I am worried about it the air temperature. I was thinking maybe I should do the hull and topsides while it was still warm then wait for the cabin because I could heat it up in there with a small electric heater. Or is there somehting I am not thinking of here?

Randy- THat is a good point but one reason I bought this boat was to learn how fix/redo/paint a sailboat. So I think I will do whatever needs doing just to learn how to do it.

I think I may have figured out the head placement problem but it just will not be to "private". To me that is not that big of a deal but this is a boat to sell, are other people more concerned about pirvacy?

I am heading down the other boat today and staying for the weekend. I will be back on the reply Sunday.

Thanks everyone for all of your time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sailing Videos, Woodworking Videos and More!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook