SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where to sail on Fla''s East Coast...
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004

808state is on a distinguished road
Where to sail on Fla''''s East Coast...

Hello all. Looking to map out strategy for possible trip to Bahamas next year, looking for advice on best places to "jump off" the east coast of FLA for Bahamas (Freeport). Will be cruising up from Key West in April to check out East Coast, crewing on a 40'' IP. Looking for input such as good marinas/bad marinas, places to find mooring balls, interesting sights, places of interest,etc. Our skipper has given me the go ahead to draw up a possible itenerary, I think he wants to see what I come up with, even though I know he''ll make the final decisions. He''s never been to the Bahamas on his own boat in a long time, so he''s understandably cautiously considering us for crew on the Bahamas trip. We already did a Keys/Torgugas trip with him. Anyways, I was thinking of trying a few short trips out the the Gulf Stream to "see how it goes" once we get north of Miami, (nor he or I have crossed it yet)before working our way back to Clearwater. Truth be told, all the charts are with skipper in Clearwater on the boat, my wifey and I are in Pittsburgh freezing our masts off, so I''m just going off what I can find on the internet. Basically looking for your experiences, warnings, ideas, and suggestions,links, etc. Thanks! Bob.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook