Puzzled by winter storage options
Wondering if you guys can share some knowledge...
I need to submit my request for fall service/winter storage to the yacht yard and am not real sure what is necessary, a luxury, or a ripoff. Help please?
1. Oil change/engine winterization...my mechanic will change the oil for cheap
before I sail back to the yachtyard. They charge $160 to winterize.
2. Battery storage....do you remove from your boat? They want $45/ea to
store and load test.
3. Winterize head/holding tank....they charge $30 & up. I think I can do this.
4. Shrink wrap...they charge $620 (which I think is ridiculous)...should I just
tarp like crazy? What supplies do I need to do this?
5. Winch maintenance? Steering system tune-up? Outdrive service?
Thanks a million for any advice...my first time doing this is overwhelming!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. "
~ Cadet Maxim