SailNet Community - View Single Post - First time galley cook
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008

debrad7 is on a distinguished road
hi y'all....

Well we're back from Washington, NC and even though we had to weather the storm at a marina in Bath for a few days, it was an awesome trip. We met the locals, ate at the local pizza place, listened to music, drank dark & stormies and enjoyed out time together. The sun finally came out on the last day of our charter and we spent the day on the water before our sail back. Then off to The Carolina House, a quaint B&B, had a fantasic meal at Pia's and a short visit to the Estuary the next morning before our plane ride back to nyc.

We did very well with provisioning, so thanks for all your advice. We always had a hearty breakfast (eggs, pancakes, yogurt) with good strong coffee (my bf is a little spoiled, so we had to have starbucks but I would've settled for folgers.) We kept dinners real simple, picked up ready- made bertolli pasta meals with chicken and shrimp which worked out fine. For lunch we snacked on cheese & crackers, snack bars & trail mix and drank lots of wine. Next time I'd like to make a few of the recipes you all provided but for this first trip, we thought it best to keep it simple.

We've already started talking about our next trip. I'd like to go back to Maine (was there last year and had these unbelievable blueberry margharitas to die for) but maybe it'll be the Chesapeake. I'll be checking the forum for ideas, so if you have any recommendations, it'll be great to hear from you.

best,
deb
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook