SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Buyer's Market" - any data to back it up?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
You dont need a spread sheet to get the facts..walk into any brokerage and look at their board ..it will have "Priced Reduced" on almost every listing..
Any down turn in the economy will be a buyers market..with some associated "distress" sales along with it.

There is another thread of a guy looking to buy a J105 and he is wrestling with this same issue of boat value for the dollar in this market.

But with any luxury item and thats what boats are... allot of thoes people (as Chuck mentioned in that thread) can sit out low ball offers.

I have a 30' sea ray for sale at 7K under appraisal..It can sit and collect dust before I'll go to much lower. And no... no one has even made an offer on it in 6 months.

Yes its a buyers market but only a "killer of a deal market" from the right seller.
And that happens all the time Just more when people start losing their jobs and such.

So in my sea ray example lowering the price a little will do little good..lowering it substantially more will only attract "The killer of a deal mentality buyer" I can wait thank you very much...

Last edited by Stillraining; 09-30-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook