SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Buyer's Market" - any data to back it up?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
According to my broker a lot of recent sales are to overseas owners whose economies are still doing well and where the exchange rates to the dollar are beneficial. I am both selling and looking and it certainly is a buyer's market. I've told my broker to keep my asking price in line with the others (secure in the knowledge that my boat is better shape than most and if a real buyer should come along it will sell before the others) and the brokerage has suggested I drop my price twice in the past months in order to remain competitively priced. On the buying side, I've seen some even larger drops in asking prices than I have had to do; and a recent preponderance of "serious seller", "must sell", "dropped price due to lifestyle changes", etc. quotes hinting at sellers really needing to get rid of their expensive toys that were bought in good times with heavy loans. The boats that I am looking at are >45 feet and thus in higher price ranges and that might be a completely different market from the ~30 footers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook