SailNet Community - View Single Post - DIY Daysailer
Thread: DIY Daysailer
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Your Duckling isn't so ugly.

Nor is your lake too big from the photos.
My only comments are that since the fall is here there will be stronger winds and your mast, booms and sail may take a little beating from some of the stronger gusts that will come. What is the sail material by the way?
My last comment concerns the height of the lower boom. It seems a bit high and you could get a bit more sail area out of it if it was lower. That would also mean that you might have to duck as the sail goes over your head.
In the 'semi-long term' scheme of things use the Duckling that you have created and figure out what it is you want to do more of. The autumn winds may or may not wreak havoc on your standing rigging but you will certainly figure this out too.
Setting up a racing sloop to sail and raising the mast can be a real disincentive which is why I moor my Lightning with the mast up (it saves about 45 minutes of setup time, all I have to do is paddle out to it and raise the sails which is done in about 15 minutes or less).
Looking good little Duck! Nice pictures with that see through sail too!
My best.
CalebD

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook