SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help, I need a pick-me-up...
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008
Unpaid Intern

josrulz is on a distinguished road
Help, I need a pick-me-up...

Hey everyone, I've got no real point here, but am hoping for a little pick me up. We've been looking for the "right" boat for several months now, with no luck. Quick background--we're looking at 30 -35 foot cruising boats, mostly 20 - 25 years old. I've been sailing all my life, but this is my first crack at owning as an adult, and I'm picky.

We've been up and down the Eastern seaboard. We've seen boats that are just plain awful (so bad you wonder how they had the guts to list it at that price), and boats that are decent but not great. We've even found a couple of fantastic boats, but there was something else wrong like turning out to be too small for our needs or a layout we hated.

So far, the best we've found is not in our area (about 6 days sailing away), and is decent but not bristol. I'm not seaking perfection in a boat this old, just a minimal amount of problems that require immediate work for safety/reliability reasons. But maybe I'm just too picky.

Anyway, I'm not really looking for advice (although always welcome it), just looking for encouragement. We're going to find the right boat, right? Right? RIGHT?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook