SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Somebody has to go first!

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  SecondWindNC 
#1 ·
Just want to be first!

Love my P30, 1978 #1049, Rita P

Randy
Freeport ME

#7 ·
Hi Gang, nice to know there are still some P-30's and owners. I have one i bought about 15 yrs ago, a 1972 and still has the original A-4 purring along like a kitten. At the present I'm at Herrington harbor north ( south of Annapolis at north beach ). The hull # on my boat ?? There is no hull # on boats manuf prior to 1973, My deed says #114 !! A really early prod.

#8 ·
HI
I have a P30 1977 Hull number 942. I love my boat but right now I have a short in the cabin lights. Does anyone know the wiring diagram for my boat. I need more details than the standard wiring diagram I found on the Pearson site..I know I can live without cabin lights for a while buuuuttt...I can't stop thinking about it! thanks!

#9 ·
Radiance91,
I too have found the wiring diagram disappointing, but Ive been trying to figure out the ground and bonding wire locations.

For the interior lighting, there's a bundle of wires running forward on the stbd side. IIRC, it reappears in the cupboard in the head, and splits up there. Some wires go forward for the bow lights, some stay there for the head and stbd salon lights, some manage to go up the mast (not sure where). I think the wires which power the vberth lights flip a U-turn back to the port salon light. The galley light has its own connection behind the fuse panel.

FWIW, wire on boats should be pre-tinned along its length, this prevents corrosion (which would cause the wires to burn out sooner) - this is why marine use wire is more expensive. Ive seen both in my boat, the regular wire just comes apart.

Hope this helps. A report of your findings would be appreciated.

Best of luck!

#10 ·
Hard to believe I'm saying this, but after starting this thread 2 years ago, Rita P is for sale. SecondWindNC, your comment really hurts, I've moved up to a P34 with huge second toughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.