SailNet Community - View Single Post - long hair on the windy sea
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
long hair on the windy sea

Well I came to this forum to look for things to help my wife cope with my boat obsession and saw this post. I get called a girlie mon as a joke but infact I am just a sailing biker old Viet Nam rejected hippie want to be long hair. I have had my share of yuppie cuts and ya know they look like lemmings to me. Anyway I have delt with the hair and beard thing for quite a few years and as it gets more chrome colored I have learned a few tricks. Keep it plastered down with lots of salt rubberbands cause split ends hats keep the sun off your nose but do little to keep your hair from whipping your face. in the tropics I have sprung from my bunk and flailed my face only to find it was my hair crawling on me. Don''t do that last one while sleeping in the vilage square under the shade tree,the locals already think your nuts. I first thought they were saying your a American and laughed and said yes. Well they laughed to a matacone not sure how it is spelled but if it sounds close to that say no or yes what ever your prefrence is. Last is shampoo well it takes allot of water to wash your long hair and water is hard to come by in some places so use the rain when you can sea water is clean when it is real blue. The guy who said use the biker dew rags and such is more than likely right on.Have a great day hippy!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook