SailNet Community - View Single Post - BFS Proponent Rescued at Sea
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner View Post
I never said I admired anyone's spunk in the first place.
In that situation I would discipline the person that was supposed to keep him and everyone else uninvited out of the area, but yes, I would jump to go pull his bacon out of the fire. The area commander would not like me much afterward tho! Rescues are almost always people that made some seemingly stupid mistake for whatever reason. Would I go risk my life to rescue people from their attics because they were too stupid to obey a manditory evacuation during a hurricane? Yep!
The sea has very little to do with this story except that it is what put the whuppin on the boy!
Actually, it has everything to do with the sea and very little else. My patience with those who've seen little of the sea is running a bit thin here, especially when they choose to challenge the reasonable advise of those who've pissed more salt water than they've sailed. Try to remember that this is supposed to be primarily an educational forum.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook