SailNet Community - View Single Post - Four Days of Family Cruising on the Solent
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008

Jim H is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
You should have seen any one of our kids first solo dingy ...they looked like some one having a seizure..arms flailing oars splashing hardly ever getting a full blade in..backwards ,forwards..this way that...what a riot...your daughter is a natural.
I'm hiding your quote from her-- she already is more than proud that she's the only one in the family not to get seasick so far, and I think she's planning to take command at some critical point in the future.

She's been out with her brother a lot rowing, but never by herself. She was cataloging the animals she saw on this trip in her journal, which was fun. She also took a fair number of the photos we share in the galleries. For Christmas, I'm planning to buy her a decent water-proof digital camera if I can get some good recommendations.

We almost ditched the brand-new 2.3 meter dinghy that came with the boat, because there's no way we can safely take four in it, but the small size is a real benefit for the kids who find it perfectly manageable on their own. I'm thinking of supplementing it with an inflatable kayak, if we can find a place to store it aboard, so that we don't have to ferry the family to docks and landings.

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aurora, a mighty Cal 20 (Portland, OR)
Southern Rival, a seasoned Rival 34 (Gosport, UK)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook