SailNet Community - View Single Post - nesting dingies vs inflatable kayaks as tenders
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004

jbarros is on a distinguished road
nesting dingies vs inflatable kayaks as tenders

The 8'' portaboat wont fit on my deck. I cant lash it to the lifelines for the bend of my hull, and I dont even want to think about trying to open it on my miniscual fordeck. Oh yhea, and they cost more than I spent on my boat, and I cant find em used anywhere.

Bummer too, as they row realy nice.

Use will be primarily California Channel Islands, lots of rocky landings, rowing only, 2 people is reasonable (did I mention my boats a whopping 19 feet long) and if I have more, well, it''s just for a day trip, and a ferry trip back to the boat/shore for someone durring the occasional warm weather calm conditions I bring out more than a single friend on the boat wont be too bad.

So once agian, provisioning for one for as long as I would want to stay out on a 19'' sloop shouldnt be too horible.

I''m hoping to get down to Baja one of these days, but right now it''s not on the immediate agenda.

I love Gerr''s designs, but none are small enough, and I dont trust myself to properly downsize a design yet.

I''m going to go see what I can hunt down on the Avons right now.

Thanks

-- James
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook