SailNet Community - View Single Post - Which Bruce (claw) anchor to buy?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANCORALATINA View Post

The profile of the « mean » sailor who is participating to this thread is VERY CONSERVATIVE, talking about products developed more than 80 years ago such as CQR, Danforth or Bruce anchors, (not talking about the Fisherman!) or about “kellets”!. This is a perfect mirror of the Sailnet's “Anchor Locker”. Very few forumnites are considering « New gen » Anchors.

As nobody (or very few) participants are aware of new developments, nobody could talk about them and/or give explanation of why they are different of, why they are better.
Wow you are way off base on this comment! There are many of us here who love and DO USE new generation anchors!!

Here is the current list of anchors I personally own.

Rocna
Manson Supreme
Super Max
2 Spade's one aluminum one steel
2 CQR's
Fortress
Bruce
Danforth

I sold my Delta Fast set to a neighbor...

Before you paint with a broad brush about Sailneters lack of understanding of new products/anchors you might want to look into who's posting on the forum and what they actually use..! I know quite a few others here who also use newer generation anchors.

I have not used a Bruce, CQR or Danforth in years and do not plan to either..

You will not win friends, just as Craig Smith has not taking the argumentative route and slamming forum guidelines.

I know the forum I moderate has the same policy and if you do it over there on SailboatOwners.com we will treat you the same. Talk anchoring all you want but DO NOT try to sell your product. If it is as good as you claim your customers will do that for you.

I have been talkiing the merits proper anchoring technique and of both the Rocna and Manson Supreme ad nauseaum and I do it because I'd love to never be dragged onto again by folks who use poorer performing products!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook