SailNet Community - View Single Post - Georgian Bay Cruising
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008

scottbr is on a distinguished road
Turkey Day .... eh

Don, glad yo enjoy the pictures. One thing I really like about the forums is being able to see other parts of the world that people sail in and enjoy that I may not ever see myself ( i.e. Guiletta) I hope others enjoy seeing our cruising grounds.

Turkey Day up here is just as big ( without the parades) as down there. We always have a huge family dinner, stuffed turkey, sweet potatoes, and mom's homemade pumkin pie, etc. etc. and then turkey casorol with the leftovers the next day.

This year because of the boat and a great forecast for the weekend I said we would see everyone sometime in a few weeks when the weather was less pleasant... i.e. snowing. My parents, although always big on the family gathering thing, understand since they know how long I've waited for this boat ( 25 yrs.) and enjoy the enjoyment our family get from it.

We cooked a Butterball turkey half with stuffing on the boat, which was great for the four of us and the oven on for 3 hours ( we warmed up pumpkin pie ) warmed up the cabin for the chilly night.

Last edited by scottbr; 10-16-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook