SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tilt up Honda 8hp. how much tilt?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Is it in an outboard motor well?? or is it a transom cutout that allows the outboard to sit lower in the water? A photo would help...so get two more posts and read the POST in my signature to learn how to post a photo using a Photobucket.com or Flickr.com account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
I have a Lancer 25 with a hole in the transom to mount an outboard. My problem is, when I tilt my honda 8hp up as far as it will go, the prop and the zinc are still in the water. I was thinking if I could tilt it up a little more (I still have got to figure out how to do this) then I don't have to worry about it being in the water and the problems this can cause.

Can this be done without any problems? If so, have any of you done this? If so, how? BTW, taking it off isn't an option.

Harris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook