SailNet Community - View Single Post - steppng a mast on a 23 o'day pop top
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008

particlepood is on a distinguished road
steppng a mast on a 23 o'day pop top

If you are familiar with the O'Day 23 pop top and probably others of this vintage have a mast which travels through the cabin roof to a mount on fitting of the cabin floor. There maybe more technical terms for this set up but it's the best description I have at this time.
I've asked this question a few times but the answers I have gotten were mostly from Cat/etal owners without the four foot mast leg that drops down through the cabin. Their info has been very valuable as well as certainly morally and technically helpful but this vessel offers some challenges not found on most boats of it's vintage.
I would like to be able to use O'Day as a trailerable boat as I do with my runabout. I am not sure what a slip costs in the rest of the country but in Boston you can buy a condo for the price of a seasonal mooring never mind a slip but I want a boat not a another piece of over taxed real estate.
Back to the question, does anyone have a trick to raise a mast of this particular craft? Sorry for the long winded question but I wanted to make it as thorough as possible.
cheers to you all,
pp

Last edited by particlepood; 10-19-2008 at 04:57 AM. Reason: grammer
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook