SailNet Community - View Single Post - PNW winters
Thread: PNW winters
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
You are definitely getting a good price on the slip.

If you are needing to pull the boat for repairs - I recommend CSR Marine (Ballard Locks Location _ commodore Drive location). Top notch individuals and the only place I will drop my boat at to do work myself or have work performed.

Quantum Sails (see their website for loft) is probably one of the quickest places to have sails cleaned and repaired. Although I think all lofts ship the sails off for actual cleaning but they do quick turn arounds for sail repair sometimes same day..

I think you will be fine keeping the boat in the water. Winters are not typically harsh here and below freezing temps usually do not last but a day or two. I kept my C-27 in the water and never had an issue and I never winterized (but - if you are not going to be able to be on the boat - might be prudent to winterize).

Tides are an issue out in the sound. Especially around Vashon, Admirately inlet and the straits. Even with a 23 hp diesel I have been slowed to a crawl.

Stop into any of the marina's or Fisheries Supply (which will be close by you) there is a slew of cruising guides available. I can't recall what I have on hand on the boat - but there are about 10-15 that target the area in general and many more that target specific regions.

Welcome to the PNW btw...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook