SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rant: Passage Maker Magazine
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004

Bermuda is on a distinguished road
Rant: Passage Maker Magazine

Will-
Personally I think you are being overly kind to Mr. Neale, it was he that personally pressed the flesh with you and sold you on ''his'', newsletter irregardless of who was going to print and mail it.

You made a deal with him at a boat show, as far as I''m concerned, he is just as responsible, if not more so, to process the refund or at the least see to it that his publisher does so.

We have to stop this worshipping of the sailing gods, they are flesh and blood like the rest of us and as such they need to take responsibility when they choose to jump into bed with publishers or vendors so they can profit on the use of their name. Let''s face it, they aren''t doing this only because of their love of sailing, the large part of it is greed, pure and simple. This is good old american capitalism at work, and I''m all for that, but it need come with a price, to all of the profit taking players.

It is plain to see that you purchased the subscription because of the author not the publisher, he had no problem taking your money as the author, more than just a salesman for the publisher I''m sure.

Lastly, I would fire off a letter to my CC company and refuse responsibility for the transaction, you bought oranges and they want to send you lemons. I just had a similar experience and produced documentation of my dialog with the profiteer and the CC company issued me a credit for the full amout including service charges and interest without so much a whimper.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook