SailNet Community - View Single Post - yorktown 33?
Thread: yorktown 33?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008
someday....

SLObrett is on a distinguished road
yorktown 33?

ive been lookin for a boat for awhile now and ive found a good deal (i think)locally. im havin troubl finding info on this boat though. any suggestions?

heres the add text (because i cant post links yet)
"Emergency Sale! The boat is currently on a guest mooring as the seal have gotten on it. I cannot deal with this problem and will be willing to take ANY offer to get it off my hands. New owner will have to get it back to mooring or dry dock. My Nightmare is your advantage. I have over $30,000 in receipts of work that has been done and willing to let it go for ANY offer. Everything still works, just the railings will need to be replaced. She is currently surrounded by event fencing, to keep the seals off.

She is a 1972 Yorktown Sailboat, fiberglass construction, single mast, 33 feet long, 11 feet wide with 4-cylinder 40 horsepower Perkins diesel motor. Main sail with new sail clips, 2 head sails and a storm sail. Includes mooring in Avila, CA. (Port San Luis).

Sailboat has been refurbished by a certified marine mechanic. Includes a new LaFiel mast and boom (LaFiel is the company that makes space shuttle part), NEW standing and running rigging. Boat has stainless steel railings, and a new custom built swim ladder. The exterior has been prepped with the highest quality marine grade paint and all the teak woodwork has been cleaned, sanded, and varnished. Over $30,000 has been spent on the boat in the last year (I have receipts). The sales still need to be tuned and some deck hardware (winches, etc) need to be put back on topside.

Work done below the waterline: All new thru hull fittings and seacocks, new drive shaft, with a PPL dripless drive shaft bearing, cutlass bearings and zincs. New rudder packing. Fresh anti- fouling bottom paint.

Interior has new headliner and carpet. Also a solar panel that charges three separate batteries and stainless steel BBQ.

This is a great ocean-sailer that sleeps 6, has working galley, head and sinks.
Boat includes a mooring (good for up to 35 feet) in Port San Luis harbor (cost is around $80.00 per quarter. To see her, take the sea taxi to guest buoy (name of the boat is Options) and make sure you give the sea taxi driver $10 for the round trip.

Valued at $48,000. "

turns out i know the guy through mutual friends and can get the price down considerably..

thanks again for all your help
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook