SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mainsheet System
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Thanks to you all.

Young Padawan indeed. Well I never. (well sometimes maybe )

I've got it now. I can't really explain my confusion but it had to do with the anchor points for the sheet. Consider it sorted.

It really is a great system. In many ways vastly superior to the standard system you see on most older boats .(4:1 purchase with a jaw jammer).

When we had Raven re rigged I did'nt redo the mainsheet system other than to add more purchase. I've always regretted that but at the time the option seemed to be going forward then aft to a single winch which layout I didn't like at all.

Have been discussing the 'Admiral's Cup' system elsewhere and am thinking about redoing the Womboat's setup even though it means buying and installing two new self tailors. Would prefer to stay with a system similar to what we have now but I loath the ratchet blocks we now have.

Valiente - yep the G Boat is a wow to sail but yes it all happens far to quickly for an old fart like me.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook