SailNet Community - View Single Post - What''s the best Head (toilet).....
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004

Sasha_V will become famous soon enough
What''''s the best Head (toilet).....

I know what you mean.

I went for the Lavac system. (They have two sizes. I went for the larger).

Unlike you we actually have a small boat (27) and the old head was mounted partway under the V-berth..which is pretty stupid as you need to get your partner to either get out of bed or at least roll-over and bury her head in the pillows and face the hull while you lift her side of the bed to get to the toilet. There is just no romantic way to do this!

Then it struck me like a bolt of pure inspiration!

The Navigators seat!

It is at the other end of the boat, near the companionway. It alread has a shower curtain type screen to protect the chart area in case there is spray blowing in....

I just rebuilt the chair so that it was a pad-topped box. The top hinges out of the way and there is the head, in all its glowy (the inside of the box-lid has a toilet pepar holder). There is even "elbow room"!

Best of all, it combines the two most "under utilised" areas of the boat into the same space (you use your galley and settes about 20 times more then you use either your head or you nav station). It has earned a lot of bad jokes...but I couldn''t be more pleased with the results.

Sasha
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook