SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big blow today
Thread: Big blow today
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Wimp... you could have at least given the decks a good scrubbing...with Mother Nature supplying the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaschrumpf View Post
Went down to my boat at White Rocks in Baltimore today to drain the freshwater tank. Light winds when I got there with a little sprinkle every now and then. As I'm taking the hose off the connection to the head sink to let it drain, I notice the wind picking up and rain starting to come in the hatchway.

Twenty minutes later we're getting 30 kt. winds gusting up to 40, with rain coming down sideways. So much for any above-deck work.

Finally the tank finishes draining and I get to walk back to the car in driving rain with no foulies, not even a hat. Luckily it isn't far to the parking lot. I never checked the weather forecast, but I wasn't planning on sailing either. I got a bit of a ride in the slip, even so.

I did see a few sails out on the river right before I went below. Hope they made out OK. The weather radio announced a full gale warning for the afternoon, with a SCA until Sunday afternoon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook