SailNet Community - View Single Post - new pin holes in jib tracks
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Jody—

The sails will generally pull the genoa fairleads aft... not forwards...since the sheets are under tension... and moving the cars aft is what the forces on the sheets would do. All the line-controlled genoa fairlead setups I've seen have the lines to pull the cars FORWARD...not aft. If your setup has the adjusting lines pulling the fairlead car aft, I'd love to see a photo of it—cause I have no idea how that would possibly work.

Here's an image of the Harken setup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbyjody View Post
Oh Marty - one thing - time versus effort versus money. T tracks are fairly inexpensive - may be worthwhile just to replace them as the amount of time you will spend with the "drill baby drill" approach - may not be worth it. Even when you get the adjustable genoa cars - they still have to pop into the holes to maintain the tension unless you go with a dual forward and aft adjustment of the genoa car. The simple method like the one I added to "HG" uses the wind in the sail to pull it forward and tension on the adjusting line to hold / pull it back (mine is the Harken setup).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 10-27-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook