SailNet Community - View Single Post - new pin holes in jib tracks
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Marty - Its a tricky situation..their is the camp that says you have to do this way. For example on my redoing all rigging + deck layout - the synopsis of the pros is reduce the lines. That is all great and good but if it sacrifices control or having the ships operating procedures altered to adjust for a "disclaimer"... I'd rather have the extra line.

Most of my setup is derived from AC / Ocean race setups. Forward of the cockpit the spin / jib lines can be interchanged depending on number of crew / race mode desired. The deal is when shorthanded - everything led aft. When having a race crew (and you owe me some time on that)... everything is led forward of the dodger that takes everything less the main sheet trimming and traveler out of the picture.) and then is handled at the mast area. I am one of the few boats with a semi racing pedigree to go this route and it confuses the hell out of folks working on the boat because they have mindset you are a racer or a cruiser..Not on my boat..one has to go both routes...

Same thing I look at Genoa track...

It has to be balanced or adjustable..

Your new carbon sail is 25% larger than my jiblet you are using. That means depending on sail config / track config - everything of what you can get out of it..

Hence how I found the fallacy in the Harken recommended setup - because the jiblet you are using that I commandeered(well I owned it) .. didn't adjust with the Harken layout... not one iota and I can care less if this is "everyone else does this".. because well I see everyone off a J boat that crews my boat thinks close hauling is the answer to speed..

You'll do ok with the interim solution - interestedin seeing what the carbon foil is about..

Otherwise DAK *drunk at keyboard*...

See ya on Friday..

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook