SailNet Community - View Single Post - new pin holes in jib tracks
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Jody, sounds like you're doing to HG that I have been attempting to do with Amoretto. Make it so you can control everything easily, and get the most speed etc. Not to mention, when it is just Sheryl and I, be it a J&J or equal style race, or a dinner evening cruise to Kingston, ways for us to handle this easy enough etc with out having to go forward.

With the new 155, it is pretty much a deck sweeper. And when we are close hauled, it does not take make carr movement to change the leech curve. Hence wanting to drill the holes for this weekend. Hopefully this will allow me to get somewhere between a really curved foot and tight leach, to a really straight foot touching the inward stays, curved leech, to something in between. right now it is either or! We could have used an in between setting.

Then with the jiblet on a tack line, my old 135 with a high cut clew, 4" of tack movment is probably like 1" with this new 155 being as close to the track as it is.

Now it is which brand ete to choose from, carr I want like I have, ie the ability to run two sheets thru it, and movement thru a line. Possibly a barber hauler option down the road too. Will figure that one out as I go.

Yes I "DO" owe you some crew time! Anyway, need to go to SYC's page and register this AM before heading to vashion.

Marty