SailNet Community - View Single Post - Foam vs. wool for buffing, waxing, etc.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008

drlove is on a distinguished road
Red face

Yes, the pad I am using is the 05711. I have not burned anything with this pad but I did not have good results with a foam pad but I was using faster rpms and was completely buffing away the compound. I feel comfortable with the wool pad at any rpm but will need to slow it down with foam and use more compound.

Okay, here's where I'm at. I have already sanded and compounded one side of the boat. Are you saying I should compound it again with Super Duty or can I go on to polishing? Do you use the mist bottle of water with the polish as well?

As far as I know, I can't get Collinite around here unless I order it and then I have to wait for delivery (I haven't called all of the paint places in Tulsa so I may be able to find some). How long after compounding and polishing can I wait to put wax on? I can get the Super Duty and Finesse-it readily. West Marine has the Tre-Wax you mentioned in the detailed instructions. If I can't get Collinite which of the Tre-Wax vs Meguiars #16 would you recommend?

I will take the NXT back tomorrow

Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook