SailNet Community - View Single Post - recessed engine control panel
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsanta View Post
I am replacing my yanmar control panel with a new one. The problem is that the panel is mounted in a fiberglass recessed box and the new panel is smaller than the old hole. I have seen these recessed boxes on many boats and am looking for a new one. I have googled and searched many sites but no luck. This box has the back recessed about 2-3 inches. I would like a clear door. Has any body found one? I canít be the only one that wants to recess his gauges. You guys are always helpful, many thanks.

You probably will not find a replacement box for it - readily. If you are handy with fiberglass you can use your current on and fill in the cutout so you can create a new cutout for the instrument panel. Cheaper and easier solution is get some smoked lexan and screw it over the knockout you currently have in the recessed area. install the instrument panel in that.

You can make the door yourself. On mine where the engine cutoff is - is a hole that is big enough for inserting a finger and doubles as the lift for the door. It uses regular marine hinges screwed into the frame of the engine instrument panel mount.

good luck on the project.

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook