SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ranger 26
Thread: Ranger 26
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008

gmbandco is on a distinguished road
Greyhound is about to be hauled, so I will try to get some pictures before I put the tarp on. I built a tarp frame out of PVC tubing, so I will take a picture of that before I cover it up.

I really like the BoomKicker. I put one on my previous (smaller) boat, and it made a big difference to me. The topping lift kept fouling on the mainsail leech, and if I unclipped it I always forgot to reattach it, so the boom fell into the cockpit.

I am moving the main halyard winch from the mast to the starboard doghouse roof and installing a Garhauer rope clutch, so I can properly raise the main from the cockpit. I added a Tiller Tamer, which self-steers the boat while I tend to the rigging. The shift and throttle controls for my Tohatsu 9.9 are mounted on the sides of the tiller. Those improvements mean that I can singlehand in all but the most blustery conditions.

I also got a gas piston to support the hatch (same kind that supports the rear window on my Honda Passport). I'll put that on sometime this winter.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook