SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ranger 26
Thread: Ranger 26
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 10-29-2008 Thread Starter
Greyhound is about to be hauled, so I will try to get some pictures before I put the tarp on. I built a tarp frame out of PVC tubing, so I will take a picture of that before I cover it up.

I really like the BoomKicker. I put one on my previous (smaller) boat, and it made a big difference to me. The topping lift kept fouling on the mainsail leech, and if I unclipped it I always forgot to reattach it, so the boom fell into the cockpit.

I am moving the main halyard winch from the mast to the starboard doghouse roof and installing a Garhauer rope clutch, so I can properly raise the main from the cockpit. I added a Tiller Tamer, which self-steers the boat while I tend to the rigging. The shift and throttle controls for my Tohatsu 9.9 are mounted on the sides of the tiller. Those improvements mean that I can singlehand in all but the most blustery conditions.

I also got a gas piston to support the hatch (same kind that supports the rear window on my Honda Passport). I'll put that on sometime this winter.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome