SailNet Community - View Single Post - J-Boat 41
Thread: J-Boat 41
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004

smartselos is on a distinguished road
J-Boat 41

Hi Jeff, thanks a lot for the wealth of information you have provided me with.

You are correct; I was referring to the J41, not the J125. When I checked the available information on the boat, I saw that there is almost no interior, except pipe berths. I was not aware of the strength of the rig, or the sailing capabilities. I will be sailing the boat on the Long Island Sound, day sailing most of the time, shorthanded, and maybe some racing at some point later on in time. I have sailed on a J24 and a J29 but thatís as far as my experience with the J-Boats goes. I am not familiar with any of their other models.

I followed your advice and checked out the J-35ís and J-36ís on www.yachtworld.com. There were a lot more J-35ís for sale than J-36ís, does that mean that the 35ís are structurally better or more desirable than the 36ís? It seems that both boats are similar but their major difference is the price. A J-35 is almost twice as expensive as a J-36. Why is that? They both seem to be same size boats, with same capabilities. Do you happen to know their PHRF ratings? Have you ever sailed / raced on a J-35 or a J-36? How do they handle under sail? Do you know what their performances are?

Thanks again for any information you can provide.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook