SailNet Community - View Single Post - J-Boat 41
Thread: J-Boat 41
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 03-10-2004 Thread Starter
smartselos

J-Boat 41

Hi Jeff, thanks a lot for the wealth of information you have provided me with.

You are correct; I was referring to the J41, not the J125. When I checked the available information on the boat, I saw that there is almost no interior, except pipe berths. I was not aware of the strength of the rig, or the sailing capabilities. I will be sailing the boat on the Long Island Sound, day sailing most of the time, shorthanded, and maybe some racing at some point later on in time. I have sailed on a J24 and a J29 but thatís as far as my experience with the J-Boats goes. I am not familiar with any of their other models.

I followed your advice and checked out the J-35ís and J-36ís on www.yachtworld.com. There were a lot more J-35ís for sale than J-36ís, does that mean that the 35ís are structurally better or more desirable than the 36ís? It seems that both boats are similar but their major difference is the price. A J-35 is almost twice as expensive as a J-36. Why is that? They both seem to be same size boats, with same capabilities. Do you happen to know their PHRF ratings? Have you ever sailed / raced on a J-35 or a J-36? How do they handle under sail? Do you know what their performances are?

Thanks again for any information you can provide.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome