SailNet Community - View Single Post - Loose Annode
Thread: Loose Annode
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
You don't really that kind (looks like it is on backwards to me as well). I doubt it creates that much of a drag. I know on mine - I use the round ones just fine. Its the prop that is the drag and not so much the zinc.

You do need a zinc even in fresh water. They make them specifically for fresh water and are different than the one we use in salt bodies (keep that in mind).

To get the existing one off - Get the right size allen wrench or bit, find a socket that will fit over the end you would turn, put socket on long socket wrench or use extenders - that will give you enough leverage to crank it off.

Otherwise, get the allen type socket that you can put on a drill and try that - it will give you more torque.

Last option - drill out the center of the allen piece of the screw(s)...that will allow you to put a screwdriver into the havles and maybe separate it that way...

Hope that helps...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artbyjody; 10-30-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook