SailNet Community - View Single Post - Documentation
Thread: Documentation
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004

castan is on a distinguished road
Documentation

Thank you Jack, but...well we''re not trying to evade or avoid ''taxes''? but we are retired, and will be without property on land, anywhere. We will be a stateless vessel as far as residency is concerned. We have no problem registering our boat with a state while we are in US waters, but... when we leave, and are cruising indefinitly away from the U.S. we will not be state registered because we''ll be out of state, gone, adios, probably never to return. We''ll be cruising and this is all we want. It should be simple but we''re honestly becoming fed up with rules.

Protection ! what kind of protection I wonder, that is not afforded by our repective countries by birth right, regardless of documentation or registration ?

Yes, we''d like to document our boat but we are not allowed to with both of our names on the bill of sale. We can''t document the boat in the UK because my wife is American. We can''t document our boat in the US because I''m a Brit. It''s crazy ! We are joint owners of our boat and we want to document it as such, but we are not allowed to, anywhere.

Arrrggghhhh !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook