SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bareboat charter companies in the BVI
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008

mike6969 is on a distinguished road
Stay Away From TMN

We have been renting sailboats in the BVI for the last 6 years and have had some very good times. We rented from TMN last year and it was a disaster. The boat was infested with Rats and the company did nothing about it. We had to end up getting our own poison and fumigation in order to complete the two week cruise. We lost the use of the boat for two days and were not compensated. Terrible company. Steer Clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astraeus View Post
Interested in hearing recommendations on positive experiences with bareboat charter companies in the BVI.

My wife and I along with her cousin (far more experienced sailor than we are) are planning a trip to the BVI for late March early April.

It seems that there are a lot of choices when it comes to charter companies. We are looking for a boat 36-40 foot. It doesn't need to be a new boat, but would like to know that it has been well taken care of. Her cousin is the "handy man" at his yacht club so I am not concerned with minor unexpected repairs, but don't want to spend the trip fixing a rental.

Looking to save a little money...don't want to blow the all the money that my personal hole in the water needs . Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook