SailNet Community - View Single Post - Got my title for the 30 footer..
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Got my title for the 30 footer..

Look Stede, I don''t think that I have a beef with you. I do think that the original post of this thread was more than a little ambiguous and one possible logical interpretation was to suggest that because the title came back without noting that the vessel was ''salvaged'', that perhaps John232 was suggesting that he would try to sell the boat without full disclosure of the damage. If that was the intent of the original post, then I feel that there is no reason not to question the morality of trying to palm off this vessel in that manner. I am not judging him but if that is his intent then I would think that it would be appropriate for John232 to do some soul searching.

Of course there was another possible interpretation which implied that John232 merely planned to sell the boat for the fair market value for a repaired salvaged boat. That obviously is a different story all together.

My earlier post to you was merely to point out that I was not condemning John232 without knowing what his intentions are but having listened to John''s description of this boat, I posed the somewhat provocative rhetorical questions hoping to either get a clarification that I was mistaken or to stimulate a bit of soul searching.

Respectfully,
Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook